This will be a collection of things I’ve been meaning to write about but haven’t. Brace yourself.
– To all of you enjoying Arts Fest in State College, Pa. this weekend, I am jealous. Drink one (or four) for me. Put those drinkin’ shoes on.
– My next culinary feat will be to create a homemade Klondike bar. Preferably with coffee ice cream inside instead of vanilla. And preferably with peanut butter mixed into the crunchy chocolate coating. Forget foot massage, it will be worth living with your mother-in-law.
– King of Akron’s Twitter follower rate has taken a hit (because he tweeted two more times). His current following is 261,837. That gives him a follower rating of 87,279. If I was your Twitter manager, LeBron, this NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED.
– OH! Turns out Adam Schefter and I will find out at the same time where LeBron is signing. LeBron will be announcing it at 9 p.m. tomorrow on ESPN. LIVE! LIVE! LIVE! A quote from LeBron’s site:
Due to the unprecedented attention and interest surrounding LeBron’s decision, we have decided to make this announcement on national television. By doing so we have generated funds that will be given to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. LeBron has a longstanding commitment to giving back to the community, and has worked with the Boys and Girls Clubs in cities across the country.
Well, thank God. At least someone will benefit from all this hype. I’m talking about me. When I become LeBron’s Twitter account manager. Duh.
– J. CREW IS FOLLOWING ME! Seriously. Every single website I visit, there is a J. Crew ad. EVEN ON HOCKEY BLOGS. Screenshot exhibit A)
In emails, exhibit B)
I should have expected to find it via my aimless wanderings on Shine. Exhibit C)
– Dakota Fanning is not a kid anymore. And she’s going to prove it to you by dressing like she’s 40 and crimping her hair to express a decade during which she didn’t live. Oh, wait, she’s how old? She’s 16 (spelled six-TEEN)? Oh, she’s clearly an adult.
– I don’t feel so bad anymore. Turns out 80 percent of us college grads are living at home, unemployed. But don’t take Scott Nicholson’s approach, or you’ll live at home forever. Just livin’ the dream.
– Forever amazing. “It’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.”
– Don’t ride boats in Philly. In fact, Prah 2.0 recommends staying far far away from Philly altogether. (don’t hate me. it’s a hockey thing.)
– It’s a little late, but I’m working on a birthday video for Jack, who is BACK IN JACK. aka, he’s poopin’ like it’s nobody’s business. Dear old, Pooper. Nothing a little cranberry extract won’t fix.
That’s about it. Who wants to take bets as to where LeBron is going? @LaVarArrington swears it’s Jersey. I say Knicks. Someone else said Miami. Leave it in the comments and we’ll see what happens.
Today is brought to you by some fond memories of Nashville. Hope y’all are having an OK time of recovering from the flood still. You’re in my thoughts.